Microsoft have now released a desktop version of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Training kit. This release is in addition to the server version, which created a site for the training and delivered from your SharePoint portal. With the portal edition, SharePoint/IT administrators are able to track who has used the training, and what trainings they’ve taken.
The Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Training Standalone Edition is designed to help you learn how to use the features of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server. The Training topics lead you step-by-step through beginning to advanced features, including Collaboration, Business Processes and Forms, Portals and Personalization, Search, Business Intelligence and Enterprise Content Management.
The Training includes videos, interactive tutorials, and articles. The Standalone Edition is accessed through your browser after you install the application on your personal computer.
The Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Training Portal Edition, built on the Microsoft SharePoint Learning Kit, is designed for server administrators who want to help their end-users learn how to use the features of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. The Training topics lead the learner step-by-step through beginning to advanced features, including Collaboration, Business Processes and Forms, Portals and Personalization, Search, Business Intelligence and Enterprise Content Management.
The Training includes videos, interactive tutorials, and articles. In addition, the material is SCORM compliant. You can easily add or remove training topics to fit your business needs. The Training also includes a reporting function that allows an administrator/trainer to track learners’ completed training topics. You can customize the Training to fit the look and feel of your own Office SharePoint Server site.
Training topics included
- Finding your way around a team site
- Understanding permissions
- Customizing a team site
- Linking calendars to Outlook
- Adding Web Parts
- Collaborating in libraries, lists, and workspaces
- Using blogs and wikis to share information
Enterprise Content Management
- Document management
- Protecting files
- Using workflows
- Records management
- Creating and publishing Web pages
- Improving compliance and support litigation discovery
- Finding files, Web sites, information, and people
Portals and personalization
- My Sites
- Targeting content to specific audiences
- Managing access to your My Site
Business processes and forms
- Streamlining business processes with forms and workflow
- Gathering information with browser-compatible forms
- Designing custom workflows using SharePoint Designer
- Sharing Excel workbooks as interactive reports
- Working with a Report Center site
- Using dashboards to drive decisions
- Understanding Filter Web Parts
- Integrating external data