You might ask, why Service Pack 1? Well, SP1 focuses on the issues that matter to users of Office 2007 which have been collated based on direct customer feedback and error reporting tools. You can expect:
- Stability. Using data from the Dr. Watson bug-reporting system, we’ve fixed the top software issues for each application in the 2007 Office system. The 2007 Office system SP1 also improves the stability of server components in the 2007 Office system and delivers compatibility with Windows Server® 2008, so you can confidently plan for future upgrades.
- Performance. The 2007 Office system SP1 improves performance in applications and servers. Performance improvements can be found in Microsoft Office Excel® 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook® 2007, Microsoft Office PowerPoint® 2007, and Microsoft Office SharePoint® Server 2007.
- Security. By incorporating incremental advances in security and results from application testing, the 2007 Office system SP1 offers home and office users better protection against malicious software and potential threats to privacy.
You can get a more complete description of SP1, including a list of issues that were fixed, in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 936982: Description of the 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1.
There are several scenarios that may require you to reboot your computer after SP1 is installed. For more information, see the Microsoft Knowledge Base article 942995.
Other Service Packs
Microsoft® Office Language Pack 2007: Office Language Pack 2007 SP1
- Microsoft® Office Project 2007: Office Project 2007 SP1
- Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007: Office SharePoint Designer 2007 SP1
- Microsoft® Office Visio® 2007: Office Visio 2007 SP1
Download Office 2007 SP1 all of 218.3 MB!
Update: Direct Links to other service pack 1