This is super cool, must give it a shot. If you want to create your own 2007 MOSS Theme, follow Aris WiBowo’s instructions as under:
Creating Themes in MOSS 2007
- On the SharePoint server go to the Themes folder e.g. c:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12TEMPLATEThemes
- Make a copy one of the existing theme folders and its contents rename it e.g. MyTheme.
- Rename the .INF file within the MyTheme folder to MyTheme.INF
- Edit MyTheme.INF.
- At the info section change the title to MyTheme. Change codepage, e.g 22200, replacing the code page will fixing error. A theme with the name MyTheme 1011 and version already exists on the server.
- In the titles section, rename the names to your new name. this section is to present the name in the different language.
- Provide an image to give a preview of your theme. This image should be placed in C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedweb server extensions12TEMPLATEIMAGES. E.g. tmbMyTheme.gif
- Modify the c:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft Sharedwe server extensions12TEMPLATELayouts1033SPTHEMES.xml to include a reference to the new MyTheme theme
<DisplayName> MyTheme </DisplayName>
<Description> MyTheme has a white background with blue control areas and orange highlights.</Description>
- Modify the CSS within MyTheme folder to personalize your theme.
- Run iisreset from the command prompt
- Apply the new theme!